Wednesday, March 08, 2006

helicopter as promised

Here is the Helicopter Pinata I made for the godson's fourth birthday. I ended up spray painting it as it was a heck of a lot quicker and more machine like with the paint as opposed to the crepe paper tassels. What do you think?
I made it so that both the rotors spun around and the rope came through the top of the rotor so it could spin without getting all caught up in the hanging part of the pinata. Must also apologise for the lousy picture. I was in such a rush all day trying to finish it before the party that this was the only one i managed to capture before the kids took to it with the cricket bat!

I think the four year old was rather impressed but of course the only thing they all wanted to do was smash it to get at the loot inside. As you do when you are a four year old sugar junkie!

We had a great day of course, the park is wonderful with a massive play area which is all fenced to keep the wee ones in and the adults relaxed. With sand all around no one can get hurt falling and there is a wonderful view of the river yay yonder behind the distant trees. A very popular venue on the weekend for celebrations, I think I counted happy birthday sung around six times in the vicinity!

Made a mock up of the floral head bands I'm going to make for the flower girls. I think I want to make one for me too, but I'd better not...They are quite easy. I used gypsophyla (sp?) or commonly called baby's breath, cutting small sprigs off the stems and taping with floral tape to a piece of taped wire. I think it took around 20 minutes so these will definitely be done for the wedding. Not sure how well they'll keep once they are completed but if I use flower preserver I'm sure they'll do ok. I guess I could always make them on the morning while getting my hair and make up done...yes we'll see.

I think I'm back on track with getting things organised. Am concentrating on the flowers at the moment and will be sewing up the linings of the girls dresses over the weekend. Very exciting, can't believe it is only 23 days to go...whoa!

Also think I have found some jewellery to give as gifts to the girls and mothers...will see.

stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pinata - it looks way better than the crepe paper target variety. I know a whole bunch of kids who'd love to have one just like that at their birthday. (I'm not showing them the pic - because I'll just end up having to make like, 50 of them!)

I couldn't find an email address for you, so apologies in advance for communicating with you via your comments - but I'd love it if you linked to my blog! And I'll link to yours too if you'd like.

karyn

www.blytheswideshut.motime.com

9:44 PM  
Blogger my house is cuter than yours said...

your pinata looks fab!!! Such a shame to snash it!

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home