Wednesday, January 04, 2006

About turning 30...

BRING IT ON!

Yes, ahem, it had to happen sooner or later and now that I am loitering in the remaining hours of 29-ness I think I have finally adjusted to the reality. After all, I've had a whole year to come to terms with it.
The first half of the year was spent in denial and generally freaking out that I had T-minus 360 something days left of being twenty-something. I didn't acknowledge the fact that I was already in my 30th year, no siree.
Funnily enough during the last few months I've been looking forward to being a grown up at last. No excuses now, I can definately tick that 30+ box with confidence. (funny how sometimes they have a 26-32 age box, what's with that?)

As bold and confident as I may seem I am secretly coveting the fact that I still feel 20-25. I probably still act it too!

OK so the line up for the next 3 days will be
  1. Pampering at hair salon followed by official dinner with in-law family
  2. Primping. Dinner out and cocktails in a swanky bar (very grown up don't you think) followed by extensive celebrating
  3. Recovering and residing to the fact that I am well and truly 30 something.

Of course it is all subject to whim,

Stay tuned!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life gets better and better as you get older. You worry about less stuff :) Have a fab birthday!

3:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you've begun your blog. Enjoy it. Have a lovely birthday, we look forward to hearing what you get! (I am beginning to think that the max. you ever feel is about 20, so I hope you feel really Grown Up too. We bought a table lamp recently which made us feel very grown up! (I'm a few years older than you. Not that many!)

3:50 AM  
Blogger eireann said...

I think they put the 26-32 box because biologically/medically adulthood is considered to begin around 25. Maybe?

Thanks for the sweet comment on my journal! The prints will be up today. Cheers!

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home